9:09 AM

23 Years, The Pelvis and The Baby

23 years ago my mom's water was breaking right now. Crazy. I could still listen to the story over and over and I can imagine it like I was there. My mom, dad, aunt and uncle were at a double-header softball game all day. They had just gotten back to the house and my aunt said, "Man I could really use a glass of water." My mom jumped up to get herself and my aunt a glass and I provided the liquid. My mom did what any normal woman would do when her water breaks. She shaved her legs :) and then they headed to Christ Hospital. 18 hours later I was born via cesarean section after a long battle between head and pelvis. Pelvis won. Let's face it, not many women could fit a 9 pound 12 ounce child out.

It is amazing to me that just 3 1/2 months from now I will be doing the very same thing. Birthday's take on a whole new meaning when you are pregnant. I have always loved the story of how I was born... it makes me wonder how the birth of my son will go. The same hospital, the very same doctor... I'm very comfortable with my odds. And I'm very excited to see my baby on Saturday. I will post pictures after the ultrasound!

Ha-Ha-Happy Birfday Gus Gus :)

0 comments: