8:55 AM

Laughter Is The Best Medicine

So I was making dinner last night and Brian is playing the original Mario he got last week. Here is how our conversation went:

"Ah Crap! I just lost like 5 million coins."

"Oh my gosh, you are kidding! That's sooo many. I think you might want to call your boss and see if you can take the day off tomorrow. You took a tough hit."

"You know I was considering that, he's pretty reasonable. He'll understand if I tell him what happened."

"If you tell him how many coins you lost I bet he'd give you Saturday off too... I mean, come on. You need to work hard to recover those. He might even throw in Monday. Paid, of course. It's Mario."

If there was a fly on the wall it would be very confused. A good chunk of our conversations are like that... After about 5 minutes we both just started laughing at the fact that we kept it going for so long. We laugh at least 3 times a day. There are so many reason's that I'm thankful to have him in my life. On a less important note, he is amazing around the house. He cleaned the whole thing last Sunday while I relaxed at my mom's. I bought him a new fish in return. He was very happy with the trade. :) He's so considerate of me (most of the time!) He's even learned "the right way" to clean. The way my mom, sister and I clean. He knows to scrub, dust and always Windex. Cleaning is not "straightening" up. Now if we can just get him to learn the proper way to do laundry!

I'm so glad that we have similar parenting views. We can't wait to teach our son all the things we know and we are so interested to see how he turns out. I hope he's funny like his Papa and smart like his Mama. We can't wait to have family dinner at the table each night. We have already compiled tons of books to read bedtime stories after bath time. It's almost overwhelming imagining how much our life is going to change in 3 short months. One thing our family has never lacked is laughter, it really is the best medicine.

0 comments: