2:53 PM

Puppps- And I don't mean Satin & Suede!

We couldn't really end this pregnancy without a bang! Of course. I started developing another rash on my stomach. It was very red and blotchy and eventually turned purple. It looked like Kaleb's kicks were bruising me from the inside out. Two nights ago it starts down my legs. It has been 95+ here so I figured it was a heat rash. The only issue I was having is the constant, uncontrollable itching! Ugh. I've never had anything itch soooo bad.

We look it up last night and get the on-call doc. Hello Puppps or Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy... I am a lucky 1/240 women who get the rash which has NO CURE and lasts until 2 weeks post-partum. There are over-the-counter anti-itch creams I can try but that's about all the relief I will get over the next few weeks. Some women suggested witch hazel, flax oil and ice packs. It was generally spread the length of my legs, stomach and arms. It turns out because I'm carrying a boy his little man hormones are dancing with my female hormones and hello rash. It does happen with women who carry girls but it's rare. The good news? I probably won't get this in my next pregnancy because it only occurs during one. Great, cause that is exactly what I am thinking about... my next pregnancy!

I guess if a few rashes is all I have then I'm okay with that. I've had a pretty easy pregnancy. No morning sickness or hospital stays. Just a little rashy =) Let's face it... it's nothing new. I couldn't even use anything but Tide until I was in college. My skin is sensitive. What can I say?

On a very funny note Brian asked me last night if I was having, Toni Braxton's? Huh? I was so confused. Then he said no..no... Stevie Knicks. I got it then. Braxton Hicks. I laughed for about 20 minutes. He tries so hard and it's so stinking cute. I can't wait to hear the stuff that comes out of our son's mouth!

0 comments: