3:29 PM

Back In The Swing

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today wasn't as bad as I imagined.

Brian was able to get up with Kaleb for the first time since we got him home from the hospital. We can't complain- he only gets up once and wants a bottle. I got up at 6 to start getting ready for work. I already had everything ready for Brian's big day alone with Kaleb. The boys got up about 7 for breakfast. I rocked Kaleb for a little bit that morning while Brian was doing some things before I left. He was staring up at me with these big, blue eyes and I started crying. I didn't want to cry. It just overwhelmed me. I packed up my things, said goodbye to my boys and headed off to work.

I turned around before I got to the highway. I forgot my pictures. I needed those to get through the day. I finally got them and headed back out. I only cried for another second on the way. I know that this is just temporary. Even Brian reminded me that Kaleb isn't doing anything exciting right now. Eat. Sleep. Poop. I can handle 8 hours away.

Work was work. It was nice to get back into the swing of things. I miss my friends too. I had about 700+ emails waiting. I spent most of my morning sorting those. I accidentally logged myself off our system and was locked out for a while. I couldn't remember my password from 8 weeks ago- go figure!

I'm so excited to head home to my boys! I didn't realize Thanksgiving was so close. I'll have to get everything ready for Turkey Day soon. I have so much to be Thankful for this year. The Lord has truly blessed us.

0 comments: