3:22 PM

The Big Boy Bed

Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh how fast the weekend passes. Too fast.

Kaleb took all of his naps this weekend in his own bed. In his own room. He slept like a rock. Our monitor is so powerful that if I turn it up I can hear him breathing. That is a relief. It is the only thing that kept me from running in there every two seconds to check on him. Once the sun went down it was harder to leave him in alone. Brian was such a trooper and coached me through it. Kaleb might just be making the transition into his room sooner than expected. Brian and I have become so comfortable as parents. We are confident in our abilities and are so blessed to have each other.

Saturday was amazing. Char did so great with our tickets. We had great seats in the director's hall. They even paid for our tickets as a "thanksgiving present." I even argued, "there are no thanksgiving presents." I think she was bribing me away from the baby. Twilight was everything I expected and more. I thought it told the story very well and didn't mess with my version of the the events too much. Poor Cody fell asleep within the first 20 minutes :( Brian did enjoy the movie. I'm going to try to get him to read the other 3 books. He got up to go to the bathroom and on the way back in crunched one of those plastic pretzel holders during a really quiet scene. Char and I laughed for like 10 minutes.

When we got home about midnight we should've gone to bed. We both wanted to use this time to catch up on sleep. We sat up talking and laughing. We finally fell into bed at like 2 in the morning. So much for getting extra rest. I woke up about 8 and went to see the baby. He was sitting up in his seat on the counter watching my mom make breakfast. It was so stinking cute.

I'm back to work for 3 days this week. I'm so excited for the long weekend! I'm very happy all of our family schedules work out. We only have 3 stops that are pretty spaced out. I can't complain- I love seeing everyone! I had a very tough Monday morning. I fell down the stairs. Yes, fell. Face first all the way down and slammed into the wall at the bottom. Brian had Kaleb in front of me and ran to help me up. It would have been hilarious if it didn't make me cry alligator tears. I was in a hurry and I dropped Kaleb off at grandma's. I was half way to work and realized I didn't kiss him goodbye and cried the rest of the way. I was such a bad mom this morning. Brian will have the baby tomorrow so I don't have to worry about rushing- I really hope Kaleb gets his balance from his dad!

0 comments: