7:55 AM

Ah, the sweet smell of victory.

Friday, January 9, 2009


Give me back my "Mother of the Year" award. I did it. Kaleb slept all by himself in his big boy bed from 10 pm to 5:30 am. Let me start from the beginning...

I finally rearranged my furniture so that I can see Kaleb from my bed. Here is the view:
Not bad right? It is far enough away that it's super quiet and he sleeps so much better. It's close enough that I can see him and hear every whimper. I did that 2 nights ago. I lost my will power and brought him back into our room. I did put his pack'n play all the way across my bedroom to prepare myself. Baby steps...

Last night I did it. He never even cried. I got up about 6 times just to check on him when I was whimpering or making noises. By the time I made it to his room he was quiet. Hmmmmmm... I wondered a few times if I was imagining the noises. He took his pacifier this morning around 5:30 but I just decided to go ahead and get him some breakfast.

At exactly 3 months, 2 weeks our son slept his first night in his room. I'm very proud of us!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay for Kaleb being a big boy!!!

And double yay for mommy!!!

Jessica Shanks said...

YAY!!!!!! I am SO proud of both of you!