7:59 PM

Are You Kidding Me!?

Monday, February 2, 2009

I had one of those 'are you kidding me' kind of days. Kaleb went for his 4 month check up this morning.

Weight: 17 pounds 9 ounces (88th)

Height: 25 3/4 (81st)

Head: 15 (99th)

Are you kidding me!? My child has a head in the 99th percentile? Since Olivia is contanlty made fun of for her head I thought she'd appreciate her nephew's stats. He got the green light to up his solids to twice a day and got 4 shots and an oral vaccine. Kaleb pulled on the doctors stethoscope, bit down on the tongue depresser and growled at the doctor when he was listening to his chest. He also thought it was hilarious to cover his ears before the doctor could look in them. The doctor was amazed by his head control (hello... his head is in the 99th percentile... no wonder his has good head contol. He has a huge melon!) He also has gigantic muscles in his legs. The doctor showed me where he already has the tear drop shape! I am so proud of our little boy.

I ran out this morning to start the car for my boys and fell on the top step and slid all the way down. There was so much ice I actually slid half way under my car. I laid there for a minute, started crying, started the car and slowly made my way inside. Brian tried to take me to the hospital (bless his overprotective heart) but I was a trooper and just threw my wet pants into the dryer... I also fell twice the last Thursday. Are you kidding me? I suck at walking.

And finally tonight at dinner we got on the subject of state capitals after watching Jeopardy. Here is how the conversation went:

"What is the capital of New Hampshire?" - Ericka

"I don't know... Connecticut?" -Olivia

(after laughing so hard I almost peed) "Oh my gosh. Seriously, you are joking? Brian what do you think?"- Ericka

"I don't know. I cannot even think of what state that is in?"- Brian

Are you kidding me? Am I the only one in this house who took 4th grade social studies? It's just been one of those days!

0 comments: