10:43 PM

Catching Up

Friday, March 6, 2009

Oh where to begin...

I guess I haven't really updated since the end of January. We got our tax return back and got some amazing things. Brian finally got his truck :) We ended up getting an older model F150. It is such a great truck. It fits his personality so well. Kaleb was standing in the seat, holding onto the steering wheel the day we got it from the dealership. He loves riding in it too. He thinks it's the neatest thing to be able to see out the window and his dad while he drives. What a relief it is around here. I am horrible at driving sticks but with Brian's amazing teaching I can drive the truck no problem. Woo hoo!

We are finally working out a great schedule. We eat dinner every night in his high chair. He is eating so much now that he gets three scoops of rice cereal, one jar of baby food and some formula at supper. He also takes another jar at lunch. We let him drink out of a sippy cup at dinner. The soft silicone nipple is helping him make the transition. He ends up with a ton dripping down his face but he's getting the hang of it :)

After dinner it is straight to the tub. He loves to play in the tub. We got some bath tub toys and we'll spell out different messages for him in foam letters. We do baby massage after his bath. It's such a time for boding. He loves giving kisses and exploring faces. He tries to put everything in his mouth. Everything. We bought a ton of pajamas at The Carter's Outlet last weekend. Our big boy is officially in the 12 month stuff. All of his Jammie's have the plastic feet. Ahhh I love my baby.

He is a master roller now. He rolls all over the place. We can no longer leave him on the floor without worrying about him rolling into a table or couch. His favorite place is between Brian and I in bed (cringes in corner- I know, shame on us). He'll play with us and then just roll over to his side when he's ready to go to bed. He has such a vibrant personality. I've noticed how very bossy my child is (like his father)... the next few years should be interesting! :)

The weather around here is turning (yessssssssssssss!) and it means we can take out our boy more often. My grandma and Alie have been pushing him around the house in the stroller and now they'll get to go outside, finally! I can't wait to spend the summer with our munchkin!

0 comments: