9:14 AM

7 Friends

I this article last night on MSN I didn’t have time to read it, but because of the catchy headline I saved it for today. After reading it, I decided that it made excellent blogging material. I stole this from Mayday's blog- Thanks!

“7 Friends Every Woman Needs”

1. The kooky friendDani...... Ah how I love spending time with Dani (and Ava too!) Not only is she a brand new mom with a beautiful baby girl but we've been friends now for 10 years. I don't think I've ever had a friend that long! I don't know any other girl that can quote Katt Williams like her, ahhhhhhhh, don't you just love laughing?

Friendship isn’t a big thing - it’s a million little things. ~Author Unknown

2. The new friend - Wendy. Ok so technically I haven't ever met the woman in person but she is 110% someone who knows my struggles, understands my hardships and pushes me through. She is such an amazing mom and inspiration to me. Although we'll only be able to meet up once or twice a year it is so worth the wait...

Friends are the most important part of your life. Treasure the tears, treasure the laughter, but most importantly, treasure the memories. ~Dave Brenner

3. The friend you’ll keep for life -Olivia. Yes she's my sister but that does NOT mean that she is automatically my friend. We know a ton of sister's who are not best friends or even good friends. Olivia knows me... she can read my face, she feels my pain, she's inside my head (almost too much!) and the love I feel for her is unconditional. I would trade my life for hers so yeah, we'll be friends for life.

Sometimes in life, you find a special friend. Someone who changes your life just by being a part of it. Someone who makes you laugh until you can’t stop. Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world. Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it. This is forever friendship. When you’re down and the world seems dark and empty, your forever friend lifts you up in spirit and makes that dark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full. Your forever friend gets you through the hard times, the sad times and the confused times. If you turn and walk away, your forever friend follows. If you lose your way, your forever friend guides you and cheers you on. Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay. And if you find such a friend, you feel happy and complete because you need not worry. You have a forever friend, and forever has no end. ~Unknown

4. The couple friends - Jessica and Brian. This was a tough one! Regardless if Brian and Jessica started out as our "couple" friends that doesn't mean we only hang out in couples. Jessica is my friend for life regardless of who she is married to but it is nice to have someone to keep my Brian occupied :) We were close from the very day we were introduced. I don't have to pretend to be perfect with Jess because she already knows :)

We look at each other wondering what the other is thinking but we never say a thing. ~Ants Marching

5. The 9 to 5 friend - Ashley. Even though we don't work together anymore she is one of my very best friends. She is one of the only things I miss about my old job... we still keep in touch though. Gotta love that daily dose of email! I miss you girl!

There isn’t much that I can do, but I can share an hour with you, and I can share a joke with you….as on our way we go. ~Maude V. Preston

6. The friend who shows up - Char. Without a doubt. I’ve been burned before, and Char has ALWAYS been there. And the quote below couldn’t be ANYMORE true. Did I mention she is technically my ex's aunt? Yeah. She has dragged me out of the darkest point in my life by herself. She never ever gave up, even when I had. I will be grateful forever.

It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. ~Marlene Dietrich

7. The friend who’s been there - Jennifer. This girl is SO WISE! Anyone would be lucky to have a ten minute conversation with her let alone be her sister-in-law! I am always awed by her eagerness to listen, her ability to access and advise on any situation, her prayers and the way she raises her family is unbelievable. God is first in her life, she is one of the BEST mom's to ever walk the face of the earth. What an inspiration!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you’ve had. ~Author Unknown

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Awww, I miss you too :-(