11:48 AM

Zoo Babies

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A funny thing happened yesterday. Brian and I were watching the survivor season finale and I went to fast forward past the commercials, "No... Wait!" Brian sat wide-eyed watching the Harry Potter movie trailer and then yells, "Hell yeah! We have got to see that!" I giggled to myself (I've totally converted him!) We get onto the Survivor finale and my second favorite Alabama boy, JT, went on to win the million. I was hooting and hollering yelling, "Yay! Alabama! Woo hoo!" (Brian laughed to himself -he's totally converted me!)

So much has been going on lately that I don't know where to start. Kaleb is such a talker now! He babbles on and on... Daddd dad Babbba babababa... OOooooooo.... Dad. Mmmmmmmm..... He cracks us up! He is so incredibly smart. He is laying on a blanket 99% of the time he's on the floor. If we set a toy on the outer edge hoping for him to crawl to get it he does just the opposite. He pulls the blanket toward himself and doesn't move a muscle- it's so bizarre! I am trying to get it on video and I'll be sure to upload it soon. He ate his first stage 3 food tonight- it was so chunky! My amazing babysitter and cousin-in-law Mandi has given him real green beans and fig newton's this week. Somehow his progress over the last few days has really scared me- He's growing so very fast. Too fast. My memory card is full trying to capture every picture and write down each thing I want to remember about these moments. I imagine we'll have a lifetime of this- I just hope it gets easier for me :)

We made a trip to see the zoo babies with the Shankford's this past Sunday. The kids we're so great! They were both laughing, screeching and talking up a storm. The cutest thing happened... Riley went to kiss Kaleb and man did he go for it! Tongue out, mouth open he gave her a big sloppy kiss! It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. We even stopped in Dairy Queen for some ice cream on the way home. Here are some of my favorite pictures:

Monkey's checking out the Monkey's :)

He is such a big boy!

Riley, Me & Kaleb (Look at K posing- he does that when you get out the camera!)


Mmmmmm Ice Cream!


Just give us the sugar and no one gets hurt.

I have so much more to write but the baby is calling :) More updates soon.






0 comments: