9:15 AM

Boss Man Brian

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

So new layout :) It took me a pretty long time to get everything in order. It seems more "summer-y" to me.

Brian has been working these crazy hours. He leaves at six and has been working 15-16 hour days. The man is a machine. Most of these nights our little love bug is already in bed but that doesn't stop Brian from busting in the door and waking him up. If I can head him off I can usually beg for him to wait until Kaleb wakes up to eat around 11... no such luck last night. These two played from when he woke him up at 8:00 to 10:30 pm. They we're both exhausted and they hit our bed pretty hard. Brian convinced me to just lay down and relax so we all three snuggled up together and went to sleep. Wouldn't you know Kaleb decided to sleep all the way through to 5:30 this morning when his Papa got up for work. He took a bottle and went right back to sleep. I was shocked. I might let him wake him up from now on :)

I know, I know all those mother's are out there reading. He slept in your bed!? Shame on us. No, he won't be sleeping there again tonight but it was nice to cuddle up with my boys for one night of guilt-free 'I'm a horrible mother' type of thinking and just relax. Thank you Brian for forcing me to bend the rules. I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

So my big 2-4 is coming up in just 11 short days. Brian is right behind me on the 30th (turning 29!) We might throw some kind of joint birthday on my actual birthday (20) but we are still kicking around the idea. Brian likes to pretend he's depressed about being almost 30. Pshhhhhhh... He looks better now than the day I met him. Men.

I better get back to work- we are doing Taste of Colerain this August. There's a lot of prep work to be done! Woo hoo!

0 comments: