10:18 AM

Let's Make a Deal

Friday, July 3, 2009

We celebrated Brian's big 2-9 on Tuesday. We actually spent a pretty low-key night around the house since B didn't get off work until about 7:30 pm. We attempted to go to Red Lobster and use his gift card but they we're closed when we called- whoops. I guess waiting for a fussy baby to fall asleep took a little too long. But it wasn't before we surprised daddy with a cake when he got out of the shower!

I think Brian and I are the only two people in the entire universe working the day before the 4th but the 'Summer of Saving' just wouldn't be the same without some serious OT. We did have an amazing dinner last night with B's family to celebrate the 4th. I love love love seeing all the kids in action. Brian, of course, was trying to get his 8 year old nephew to say something he knows is wrong. After B coursed him for a few minutes Jadon turns to him and says, "If you trade us Kaleb for Madison I might consider saying it."

Madi is Jadon's 4 year old sister. She's the baby of the family and he's the only boy. I was tickled at the idea he'd trade her for a baby brother.

Me: Does Madison sleep through the night?

J: Yes ma'am.

Me: Does she have all her teeth?

J: I think so?

Me: You might just have yourself a deal son.

Okay, Okay so I wouldn't trade my beautiful son for Madison- well, maybe for a few nights of uninterrupted sleep :) Happy Weekend. Hope everyone stays safe and happy!

0 comments: