10:30 AM

Scratch that Itch

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

This story is a little, uh, well inappropriate? I can't think of a good word for it but it's down right hilarious and too good not to share. You've been warned.

We don't have much of a routine right now but Brian is big on putting Kaleb to bed at night when we get home. He usually gets in bed with him and I head to the shower/bath/read time. The other night I got into bed (Kaleb resting between us) and fell asleep. About an hour later Brian wakes me up.

B: Hey. Kaleb doesn't have a diaper on right now.

E: What? (I pull back the covers and see Kaleb laying there spread eagle without a diaper or pants on) Why is he like that? (I immediately start feeling around for some wet spot on the sheets)

B: Well here's the thing, Kaleb's butt was itching. We we're laying here and he was just really digging at his butt cheek. So I took his diaper off and he had a bug bite. So I scratched it for him. (At this point I start to giggle) Then I put his diaper back on.

E: And the reason he is diaper-less now?

B: Well... after I scratched his butt for him he started digging at his boy parts. I don't know the rules on all this stuff but I'm pretty sure it would be inappropriate for me to scratch that for him so I took his diaper off and let him do it himself. He liked it so much he feel asleep.

Oh. My. Gosh. At this point I'm laughing so hard that my sides are aching and Brian just cannot understand what is so darn funny. Sometimes I wonder what I would come home to if I worked more and Brian worked less.

Kaleb is 10 months, 3 weeks and 4 days old and scratching like a big boy. Is that considered a milestone?

0 comments: