4:05 PM

9/23/08: You Are Evicted!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

On Tuesday, September 23, 2008 my mom and I headed into the doctor for my 8:00 am, 36 week appointment. I was hoping for a little progress since I was becoming increasingly miserable. I was really swollen and then was still really itchy from that great rash I developed mid-July. My blood pressure was crazy high (think like 170's...) They had me lay down for a while and it was still as high. I had protein in my urine so they sent me back for a NST (non-stress test).

The diagnosis: Pre-eclampsia. Yikes. Dr.Grim was not impressed with his movement and called down to the hospital to try and get me in right away. My blood pressure was so high that he thought the risk of taking me early was worth it, considering he was measuring so large. According to the biophysical profile Kaleb was 38 weeks 4 days (full term) and according to my LMP I would've been 41 weeks (actually overdue!) The quickest induction date available was Wednesday, September 24th, 2008 at 1:00 pm. Dr.Grim agreed to letting me go home and wait it out as long as I was on strict bedrest. He said walking around, cleaning, getting last minute stuff for baby could cause me to have a seizure and injure me or the baby. I actually had to call Brian from Dr.Grim's office to meet me at home.

We both arrived home by lunch and I sent him to Walmart with my final list of things I would need around the house. I hadn't started cooking my meals considering I thought I had at least 3-4 weeks before we'd have a baby. Olivia, thankfully, headed over to our house and I sent her on her way with the grocery list to get the kitchen stocked up. I spent the hardest 24 hours of my life watching reruns of Deliver Me, A Baby Story and Birth Day. (I'm pretty sure this made the 24 hours drag along even worse!)

Brian and I prayed very hard together before we went to bed this night for our beautiful son.

We knew when we woke up in the morning our lives would be forever changed.

Kaleb is 11 months, 4 weeks and 1 day old.

0 comments: