12:43 PM

Baby Girl

Wednesday May 26, 2010

Before I start in on baby girl I realized I left a few minor details about my oh-so-sweet son. Sometimes, usually after 5 pm, he's anything but sweet. It's the age, I'm sure. When he starts to get tired it's like he morphs into this temper-tantrum throwing mini-tornado! His main problem is hitting. When he gets like this if I try to pick him up or get him out of the refrigerator or make him do something he just doesn't want to do- HELLO! He spends a bit of time in 'time-out' in the afternoon but it seems to work. We cannot do these little breaks in the living room in a chair because it becomes a gigantic game of chase to get him to stay. However, all I have to do it mutter the word 'timeout' and he's clinging to me saying, "Sowweee Mama!" I actually did not have to put him in time-out this entire weekend (until Sunday-which was a no nap day) for drinking dirty pool water over and over again.

So... baby girl.... ah where to begin.

Tomorrow I am exactly 2 months from my due date. 8 weeks. For our particular situation that means less than 8 weeks because Doc is not going to let me go into labor on my own. K-man was delivered at 36 weeks 1 day for baby girl that is Brian's birthday: June 30th. I couldn't speed my pregnancy up with Kaleb and with her I cannot slow it down. I pray to make it to at least July 15th for her and for us.

My nerves? I am terrified I won't be able get everything done in time. By this point with Kaleb I had EVERYTHING done: room, supplies, house, clothes. With her? I have nothing done. She will be sharing our room (Thankfully we have a large room, walk-in closet and master bath). I know my limits with babies now so even if we had an extra room she wouldn't sleep in it yet. I'm not super-human people! I, however, will NOT be co-sleeping with her at all. Her crib is going to be her bed from that first night home and to help me make sure this happens I have registered for these two items:


The Angel Care Movement Monitor: Basic Version

This monitor detects baby's slightest movements and alerts you if absolutely no movement is detected for 20 seconds. An optional "tic" feature is available on the monitor. If the Sensor Pad senses movement, a tic sound will be heard into the Parents Units. The 'tic' sound can be disabled without removing the movement monitoring. This monitor also has sound transmission and can be used as movement and sound monitor or as sound monitor alone.

The main reason Kaleb never slept in his bed? SIDS terrified me. If he was laying next to me I could open my eyes at any moment and see his chest rising and falling. The fact that he had trouble breathing during the first few days of his life just made that transition harder. I wish I would've known about this product with him. This is a must-have for baby girl. They have a deluxe model that let's you know the temperature in the room but my thermostat works just fine :) Plus it will be my room too so I'm pretty sure I'll know if the temperature goes crazy. For about $90.00 bucks this monitor will soon become my sanity.



Summer Infant Day and Night Video Monitor

This product is self-explanatory. This basic model goes for about $100.00 bucks now and the only thing I need it for is the video although it has the sound option. The cheaper video monitor's (I've heard/read) do not have the best sound quality but we have an apartment with close quarters and two other sound monitors. I just need to be able to SEE her when we are in the living room/kitchen. That will make her transition from womb to crib bearable for me.

I worried constantly during my pregnancy with Kaleb. I just don't with her. I have never truly understood what it means to say, "It's in God's hands" until now. I worried myself sick with Kaleb driving Brian crazy with all the "what-if's" and what happened? He was born with out his hand! I mean, that was huge for me at the time. Now? God made him perfect. Perfect. I don't even see his hand anymore. I didn't from day #2. I'm sure anyone who has come to know him (Char or Dani) will tell you, Kaleb is Kaleb. Baby girl will be baby girl no matter how much I worry, God has got this.

I sometimes confuse not worrying with I will not love her as much as Kaleb. Nonsense too. I know I'll love her as much as Kaleb. My heart will grow another size the day she is born and I'll have my perfect baby boy and sweet little girl to make our family complete. I'm so as ease with her, it scares me sometimes. But then I shake it off and that is probably why I cannot slow the time down in preparation for her arrival. Time flies when you don't spend your time reading baby books, scanning the internet and count down the days. Life is more enjoyable this way.

And she notices it too. She is active. Oh she is active. I cannot compare her personality more than to my darling sister, Olivia. The attitude is insane! At my last visit she kicked the fetal heart monitor 4 times so hard he had to try again for her heartbeat. Doc finally gave up saying, "She's obviously fine and kicking or punching." My sweet little boy never did anything like that! She is up all hours of the night and sleeps during the day al-la-Olivia. I have a feeling Miss Thang will be a name that sticks.


Char has decided to throw Brian, Kaleb and I an awesome "sprinkle" at the end of June (I will write another blog on this once we have all the details set) so hopefully that will help with some of the small items we have to replace from Kaleb (Doc Brown Bottles, Pacificers, Boppy Cover, Moby Wrap, ect). Char, Kaleb and I went and registered again (wasn't I just doing this?!) so now I have a better idea of the things I really need versus the things I just really want. Now that I am already a mom I find that this list is much easier to make. Thank God for experience.

I go see Doc tomorrow and I will be almost 32 weeks pregnant. I passed my diabetes test. What comes next? I'll have to check my blog (thank God I have this record for myself) but boooooooo for Group B Strep test. I hate that one worse than all the other combined!

Kaleb is exactly 20 months and 1old today. Woah. And still such a cutie!



Baby girl is 31 weeks 3 days and still a cookin'.


 

1 comments:

Jessica Shanks said...

Sooo glad to hear the post 5pm freak out isn't just Riley lol. I'm so excited for baby girl to get here and don't worry about having everything ready in time, I'm a phone call away all you have to do is say when and we are there helping in whatever way needed! Can't wait for baby peterford and baby shanks volume II LOL!