12:29 PM

July is Here!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hellllllo July! This month I will get to meet my sweet little girl so just for fun we did our predictions:

Madame Zaritska, using her mystical powers, has the following prediction:

The day you deliver, outside will be foggy. Your baby will arrive in the early morning. After a labor lasting approximately 30 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 6 pounds, 3 ounces, and will be 21 -1/2 inches long. This child will have light green eyes and a little patch of red hair.

I did this with Kaleb and got a bit of a laugh out of it considering the questions are what's your favorite color, what's the weather like now and so on... and nothing about your actual pregnancy or previous. Obviously, we know our GIRL will arrive in the early morning because it's scheduled that way. I'm not so sure about the red hair considering neither one of us have this in our immediate fam but hey, you never know!

Here is the one I did for Kaleb:

The day you deliver, outside will be hazy. Your baby will arrive in wee hours of the morning. After a labor lasting approximately 9 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 7 ounces, and will be 18-1/2 inches long. This child will have dark brown eyes and a little patch of brown hair.

I have no idea what the weather was like the morning of Kaleb's birth, normal, I guess. He arrived at 8:31 am so not exactly wee hours. My labor actually lasted about 12 hours so she wasn't far off on that. Surprisingly enough Kaleb weighed in at exactly 7 pounds, 7 ounces but with blue eyes and 21 inches long.

I made a list of everything we still actually need to get from the store before she's born and thankfully, that list is not long. I do have a pretty hefty "To Do" list that I am sure Brian will appreciate when I get off work today. I have all of my hospital bag, baby girl's bag and Kaleb's bag list's done too. They surprisingly make me feel better, tucked away in my manilla folder labeled {Baby Girl's} Birth. Now if I can just get some of those things marked off my list's I will be a happy camper.

Yes, to those of you who ask, {Baby Girl} does have a name. No, we aren't sharing or posting about it until she is here. Her name is personal to us. It was decided a long time ago and I don't want anyone to make a face, ask a stupid question or "suggest" a different name. It really makes me mad just thinking about it now. If someone told me they we're naming their unborn child, Harry, I wouldn't ever dream of saying:

"Oh I went to school with a Harry. He was so weird..."
"Oh... Harry. Cute. Don't you like Henry? Kinda like Harry but better"
"Oh Harry from Harry Potter. How about Ron? That name was in that book too."
"Oh Harry like after your husband, won't that get confusing. Having 2 Harry's in the house?"
"Harry... like H-A-R-R-Y? That spelling will really mess him up..."

And the list goes on and on and on... Kaleb was going to be Elijah forever. Eli for short. I cannot tell you how many people either suggested other biblical names, pronounced it wrong, told me how calling him Eli would be confusing for him in Kindergarten when they call Elijah on roll call. In the end it aggravated us so much I started to hate the name. I never encountered anyone that said, "Wow what an AWESOME name. I love it." because if they did that would be their kids name and then we'd be "name stealing."

So, no, you can't know her name just yet. Don't worry, I have the post explaining all our meanings and things behind the name set to post when we are still in the hospital so everyone will know why {Baby Girl} is actually {                                    }.

Kaleb is 21 months & some change.
Baby girl will arrive this very month. Scary.






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...WOW! I am speechless. What a wonderful, inspiration, beautiful blog! You are such a way with words...no wonder you have such a huge following. Add me to the "faithful followers" list. I can't wait to see what happens next! Love you....:) Mama Kim