10:50 AM

Random Acts of Kindness

Wednesday, July 7, 2010



I love waking up in the morning and stepping outside and having a hard time breathing. This type of weather is almost too hot to even be outside during the mid-day hours. I feel so sorry for Kaleb during days like these, being couped up in the cool air conditioning set on 68 degrees, eating popsicles and watching movies with his dad. Oh wait, I don't feel sorry for either of them! Brian has to go back to work tomorrow but those boys have been having themselves a great time the past few days.

Last night at about 10:30 after moving from the bed to the couch to the recliner to the glider I just started crying.

"Are you alright!?" Brian jumps up from the couch.
"Are you alllllllllllllllright!?" Kaleb jumps up from the floor.

I started laughing hysterically because Kaleb is just too darn cute and he is mimicking the concern on his Dad's face. I just CANNOT get comfortable. I was sweating, she was moving around like she was auditioning for Cirque Du Soleil and I was trying to limit my fluid intake so I could get a good night's sleep so I was parched.

Brian and Kaleb set off to work (yes I put my 1 year old to work at 10:30 pm!) and they came back with the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. A gigantic glass of freezing cold water, the fan from Kaleb's room, my feather pillow and the foot rest from the glider. And how can I forget the lavender lotion?

They put the pillow behind my head, gave me that big ol' glass of water, propped my feet up and Brian told Kaleb... "Okay we talked about this, Mommy isn't feeling good. She needs snuggles." Ever so gentle Kaleb climbs onto the couch and lays his head on my shoulder, wraps his arms around my belly and says, "Snuggles Mom. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, snuggles." As if that wasn't enough to make me feel better Brian gets on the floor and gives me the most amazing prenatal massage I have EVER gotten in my life. Kaleb even rubbed some of the aromatherapy lotion on my legs. By the time the news was coming on I couldn't keep my eyes open and told the boys I was going to bed since I was really relaxed.

I kissed Brian and told him to get booger in bed soon and headed off to my freshly laundered sheets. As soon as I got in bed Kaleb came in and climbed into my bed whispered, "Nite nite Mom. Snuggles," and started stroking my face until his little hand went limp and he drifted off to sleep.

I have the most thoughtful, caring boys in the entire world. I cannot wait to see them with their little girl.

Kaleb is SUCH a sweet boy.
Baby girl will be here in 12 days, if this heat doesn't drive her out first!

0 comments: