10:09 AM

Uncomfortable

Tuesday, July 6, 2010


So I reached that stage last night, officially. I am uncomfortable. I got up 3+ times to go to the bathroom. After the 3rd time I turned my alarm clock around so I would stop taking mental notes about what time I was up. Let's just say if this little girl needs to eat every 2 hours when she get's home her mama's schedule will be ready to go! That is the only positive I can see in this whole cannot get comfortable, up to go potty, check on Kaleb, grab ANOTHER drink because I'm thirsty again (repeat whole cycle) for the ENTIRE night. "Why don't you limit your fluid and not drink anything after 7 pm?" my grandma asked me. Well, maybe because I crave water after 9 pm? I have tried to not walk down the hall and pop open the fridge to see that gigantic water pitcher calling my name but it does. So I answer the call.

This weekend was all work. I know how excited Brian was to run, clean and work all weekend but we did take a small break on Sunday to let Kaleb swim with some friends and watch a wonderful fireworks show. Unfortunately, my camera lost its juice as soon as we pulled into the cookout so no pictures. Olivia got this picture with her phone because my ultra-cool kid just needed to wear her shades around THE ENTIRE NIGHT. He would pull them down a tiny bit to walk up/down stairs. (I think this is the picture I'm going to bring in with my to delivery because I am so in love with that face- it's so Kaleb & his outgoing personality)


I'm not sure I really nested that much with Kaleb because I am a ultra clean person anyway. How do you tell if someone is nesting who would scrub toilets, stock pile laundry and wipe down baseboards anyway? This weekend happens and then you know.

Brian went to get another load of baby stuff from storage and I set off to work. I turned on "A Bug's Life" which is Kaleb's new obsession since he has taken notice to the bugs on the patio. I poured half carpet cleaning solution (that goes in our actual carpet cleaner) into a cup with half hot water and got down and scrubbed each and every individual stain in our living room carpet with a tooth brush. Then I busted out the actual carpet cleaner and leaned over it every few minutes and really put my weight into vacuum part to deep clean everything. It looked amazing wet but I was sure as it dried at least one or two of those purple popsicle stains would surface. Nada. My carpet looks brand stinkin' new. Brian and I had words when I explained to him HOW I got everything out but when I let him smell the carpet cleaning solution he walked off mumbling something about ..."dangerous chemicals"... but it really doesn't have a strong odor or fumes so I felt just fine about the entire thing. 

I dipped all of Kaleb's hard plastic toys into a bleach/water solution and let them dry in the sun. I took apart his high chair and scrubbed it on the porch with the same bleach/water solution. The cover went into the washer on the hot cycle with... you guessed it.... bleach/water. I scrubbed down baseboards, cleaned out cabinets, sanitized and put away each and every bottle/pacifier I could find. I did an unreal amount of laundry. Okay, now I KNOW it's nesting. And the worst part? I am actually excited to get home today to start the rest of my cleaning list. 

You would think with all this running around and cleaning I would actually fall into bed at night and sleep like a baby. Nope. It just makes me move slower to the bathroom.

13 days. 

Just 13.

Kaleb is 1 year, 9 months, 1 week & 4 days old. 


4 comments:

trina said...

Oh, I remember those days. You are so close..13 days. Maybe you can come to my house and help me clean. :) And maybe that will help you sleep better at night. lol
I'm so happy that we met. I need to update our site...soon. :)

lifeintrixieland.com said...

I have been following your blog for a while (tell your husband that there are some random readers out there!!! ;-)). I can't remember how I found it, but I enjoy it so much! Thinking of you during these last few days. My girls are 26 months apart and while they squabble like wet hens at least 10 times a day, the moments that I see them playing or talking earnestly together, so in sync, make it all worthwhile!

Ericka said...

Trina- I'm so happy we got to meet too! I cannot wait until the boys are old enough to talk themselves. Do you have info on the Helping Hands Foundation? I was just wondering if you planned on taking Ben to one of the outings when he's a little older! Yes, update soon :) I read your whole blog (and the one on Ben's adoption) the night we got home! :)


Trixieland thanks for the kind words and thoughts! :) I'm going to make Brian read your comment lol!!

Jessica Shanks said...

Yeah you're getting close. What if you go into labor before your date? ahhh! Totally feel free to stop by my place and clean any time you want...after these 14weeks of nausea/sleepiness it could use some Ericka cleaning lol.