10:10 AM

Singin' Jesus

Monday, November 29, 2010

I hope everyone had a restful Thanksgiving break. We spent our break as a family spreading our hungry-ness over 3 dinners in 2 days (including one that I made so we could snack on over the long weekend). Yummy.

I have so many updates to post but I wanted to share a Holiday story about my sweet baby boy that warmed my heart yesterday.

Kaleb's bedtime routine has changed a bit in the past few weeks, we are trying to transition out his nightly cup of water, in hopes of an easier time potty training in early 2011. Instead, Brian sings old gospel songs to him while they hold hands. It is so stinkin' sweet and Kaleb's new favorite part of bedtime. (I have tried to sing these songs to K too and his exact words to me were, "Mama where Dad? You, shut it") Yeah, my voice is that bad.

On Sunday we spent the day picking out our live Christmas tree and hauling it home (Griswold style, yes, right on top of our car).


We cranked up the Christmas music and spent the day decorating the house. As Kaleb was helping me put up our Santa in the kitchen a song (as many do) came on about Jesus.

He looked up at me with these huge, sweet, blue eyes and said, "Mama.... dey singin' Jesus!"

Yes, sweet boy they're "singin' Jesus"...

I don't know if I could've had a prouder moment... until the end of the song when he said, "Amen."

Kaleb is 2 years, 2 months, 4 days and really loves Jesus :)
Kamryn is 4 months, 1 week and 3 days.

0 comments: