2:36 PM

Take It Off Tuesday: Week 1

July 31, 2010

Take It Off Tuesday? Sayyyyyyyy what? So I've seen this done all over blogs over the years and it seems to me that holding myself accountable for my weight-loss via blog that I can better monitor myself, have a specific weigh-in day, and most importantly have somewhere to show off those rockin' before and after photos!

Let's just say my weight started fluctuating about 4 years ago. I lost about 20 pounds, got pregnant with Kaleb and it was all down-hill from there. Add another pregnancy in less than 2 years and my poor 20-something body resembled a deflated balloon. In the year from Kamryn's 1st birthday to now I managed to lose and keep off close to 30 pounds. For an entire year I have been stuck here...

30 pounds? That's awesome, right? Wrong. I have a short 5'3 frame and those 30 pounds are a necessary first step but not anywhere near what is healthy for me. I need at least another 30 and if I could make an even 40? I'd be rockin my high school weight people.

Inspiration? Besides looking like one hot Mama? My very best friend Char is getting married (finally!) in November, my 10 year reunion is next spring and I'm sure one day in the very near future we'll be saying I do... next fall or summerish? Yeah, I have a ton of things to keep me in line.

I'm not doing anything special diet wise- just trying to make a healthy "lifestyle" change. Nothing but lean meats, chicken, fish, fruits and veggies, yogurts, non-processed food, absolutely NO fast food and lots of water. I'm going to try work out 5-6 days a week with a mix of cardio and weight training. It all started this morning.... so far, so good...

I didn't take "offical" before and after pictures for the 30 pounds but for inspiration?


Kamryn and I- May 2011


This is Kamryn and I last week.

See what I mean? Definitely a difference, but not enough of one to make me feel healthy. Andplusalso? That middle section has to go. And let's not forget those little reward at each milestone.


Weight loss this week: It's begins now!

Weight loss to date:
-30 lbs

Weight left to lose: 30 lbs

First Goal: 10 pounds

·         Reward: Pedicure

Second Goal: 20 pounds

·         Reward: New Pair of Bebe Jeans

Final Goal: 30 pounds

·         Reward: Fall Session with Miss Sadie

Success: Let's hope it's nothing but success this week.

Set-Backs:  I have a huge Helping Hands picnic this weekend that will keep us very busy but with lots of picnic-type foods and temptations. We'll see how it goes!

Exercise: At least 5 days of cardio/ mix of strength training

Now to put it all to good use....

0 comments: